Professional Services Engineer
DocuWare Corporation is seeking a Professional Services Engineer in the Wallingford, Connecticut or New Windsor, New York Office. DocuWare is an established software company with over a 28 year history of leading the document management industry.
The Professional Services Engineer will support our customer and channel partners for DocuWare Corporation in the planning and implementation of DocuWare’s document management products. This role will perform software implementations, business process analysis, needs assessments and consult with our end users and partners. This position requires creative thinking, advanced time management and a continuous desire to learn in order to successfully support, install and advise on DocuWare’s document management solution offerings.
- Installation and configuration of DocuWare’s product lines.
- Analyze and resolve customer problems effectively in a timely manner.
- Perform complex needs assessments of customer and/or partner needs.
- Create detailed documentation for implementations, guides and training.
- Perform technical troubleshooting during implementations.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and configuration within Windows Server and Windows Networks.
- Assist end user community as the key subject matter expert around DocuWare’s software suite.
- Advise on alternative methods to solving complex business and technical issues.
- Support Sales, Partners and other team members in quoting project and responding to PS requests.
- Provide pre-sale and post-sales support to internal and external teams.
- Plan, coordinate and balance multiple projects at the same time.
- Update Project times and updates in the provided Project Mgmt. Tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS from a four year college/university; or 4+ years in a related software support role
- Completed training in the IT field (ideally specialist for system integration)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows client and server operating system
- Good knowledge of databases ( MS SQL , Oracle , MySQL ) and IIS
- Knowledge of networking ( TCP / IP , HTTP , DNS , DHCP )
- Good .Net and SQL development skills, Visual Basic and/or .Net object programming
- Good experience with product and code testing to ensure high levels of quality are met
- Strong customer service orientation and professionalism
- Consistently displays strong team player focus and dedication
- Teaching skills and lead software training sessions
- Strong Project Management skills
- Willingness to travel 0-25% of time.
Please email all cover letters and resumes to HR [dot] Americas [at] DocuWare [dot] com