Director of Finance
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Finance provides timely and accurate financial reporting and analysis on all aspects of company’s accounting, finance, taxes and payroll activities. This position manages all essential functions of Human Resources.
- Hands-On operations and management of the accounting department, payroll and Human Resources. Maintaining an organizational structure adequate for achieving the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Manage system of accounting policies and procedures, developing and implementing plans for improvement as needed.
- Ensure that a system of controls over accounting transactions is maintained.
- Ensure that accurate, thorough financial records are kept and prepares timely monthly close cycle and financial statements, following generally accepted accounting principles.
- Handling complex account reconciliations and bank reconciliations. Monthly account reviews; prepares, analyzes and reconciles monthly financial statements.
- Analyzes, reviews, and audits overall general ledger, accounts payable, and payroll systems.
- Comply with local, county, state, and federal government reporting requirements. Currently registered in 30 states for tax filings, ensuring that filings are timely and accurate, including sales and use taxes, corporate taxes, amendments and annual reports.
- Determines what states the organization should be registered in.
- Ensure that electronic records are adequate and optimally used.
- Understand of intercompany relationships and multi-currency.
- Coordinates all internal and external financial audits.
- Facilitate a smooth annual audit.
- Annual tax preparation for Tax Accountant.
- Processes checks, electronic payments (ACH) and wire transfers.
- Provide to the CFO information and reports needed for budget preparation.
- Provides specialized analyses in support of all business functions.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Assists with special projects as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
Human Resources – Essential Duties:
Manages or provides the following:
- Recruiting and staffing.
- Organizational departmental planning.
- Performance management and improvement systems.
- Employment and compliance with regulatory concerns regarding employees.
- Employee onboarding, development, needs assessment, and training.
- Policy development and documentation.
- Employee relations – service awards.
- Company employee and community communication.
- Compensation and benefits administration, review annually and make proposal to management.
- Employee safety, wellness, and health.
- Employee services and counseling.
- State and federal payroll taxes are filed properly.
- Semi-Monthly payroll processing.
- Reconciles payroll with the general ledger.
- Reviews 401(k) funding.
- Reviews benefits costs and billings.
- Directly supervises 3 employees.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Bachelor’s degree and or equivalent ten years + related experience in the software industry.
- Solid knowledge in all areas of Accounting from A/P, General Ledger, Audit, Payroll, Budgeting, P&L preparation, and HR.
- Ability to work with all levels of management. Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate subordinates.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Proficient in Excel
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary; commensurate with experience
- Benefits package include: Medical, Dental, 401K, Profit Sharing and Paid Time Off
Please email all cover letters and resumes to HR [dot] Americas [at] DocuWare [dot] com